Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Advice to Baruch College

I must say, I think Baruch in recent years have been trying more and more to include new media to improve the experience of its students. Besides Blackboard (which is a great tool), Baruch also posts updates on Facebook and Twitter. 

I would certainly advise Baruch to include more online classes in their curriculum. As a student who is taking 5 classes and working over 30 hours a week, I found it extremely helpful that one of my classes was available online. This class proved that blogging can be a great way to interact with students and classmates and I think it would be essential in helping students become more "internet savvy". Yes Baruch does provide a similar forum with Blackboard, however blogs allow for better customization and interaction from a wider range of students.

In addition, something I've heard being discussed by the current USG is a potential Student Government app. This made me think of the creation of a Baruch app. As the popularity of smartphones increase, I think it would be very exciting to have a Baruch application that informed students of all the important events and dates for registration, club events, etc. Rather than students having to go on the Baruch website or read through countless emails, important dates would be easily accessible on their smartphone.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the idea of online courses. Because this new media online course is my first online class at baruch and I found out it is very helpful for me. Not only its flexibility, but also online courses make me feel more free to speak up. I usually let others speak then keep quiet on campus, however, online class makes me opinionated rather than keep quiet.

    ReplyDelete